Just a brief update. I'm working on getting documents and information scraped together so I can apply for my student visa. Unfortunately there's a lot up in the air, as the university is not being very responsive to emails and I'm having a hard time finding out even basic information. The visa process takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks, and so to safely get my visa I need to have the application in by Thanksgiving. To apply for my visa, I need to have a roundtrip ticket as proof that I have the means to enter and leave the country; however, no one I talk to at the university seems to be able to tell me when I actually need to be on campus. And until I know when I need to be there, I don't want to buy a ticket, and until I buy a ticket, I can't apply for a visa (*shakes fist at the sky*) So this week I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for word from the university. I hear rumors that you can make free calls to landlines using skype, so I may have to stay up till 2am one night this week and try to get someone over there on the phone.
On top of the flight, I need proof of medical insurance, a police clearance letter confirming my lack of a criminal record, a medical report & TB test, proof of funds (don't get me going on THAT either), and other tiddly things like a birth certificate and passport.
Also in the next couple weeks I'll be getting rid of stuff and moving out of my house, so I may be posting things on here that I'm hoping to give away or sell. Eventually I'll be selling my car as well, so if anyone wants a dinged up old volvo that runs like a tank, let me know...
No comments:
Post a Comment