Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Some photos, as promised.

Power outage, Kigali

St. Paul guest house, where I stay in Kigali. A lovely little oasis of quiet right in the middle of town. 

What greeted me on my first stay in Nyagatare at a guest house. Getting used to water from a jerry can again!


The road approaching Nyagatare. I managed to get a picture of one of the few views with (almost) no buildings visible. 

A meal for 90 cents from the little store by St. Paul - cassava and a meat pie. 

My favorite East African dish, prepared for me by my friend Olivah and her sister: fried bananas in tomato stew. 

Kigali City Tower sticking out like a sore thumb

The roundabout in the town center. The only buildings that were there when I was here in 2009 where the white and pink buildings in the foreground. 

2nd roundabout in town

Power outage - Nyagatare. And first meal back, since I was tired and didn't have cooking equipment: shortbread and cheese, a (green) orange and a passion fruit. 

Decor left by a previous occupant at the house in Nyagatare.

No comments:

Post a Comment